We are looking for a motivated and goal-oriented Field Application Engineer (FAE) with strong technical and interpersonal skills to help us grow our business in the embedded cybersecurity market. The FAE position is a key member of the ProvenRun team responsible for the technical interface with our customers. Your mission will be to promote ProvenRun’s product and service portfolio, in particular our ProvenCore security OS and our ProvenVisor hypervisor. ProvenCore is the most secure OS in the world and has received a Common Criteria EAL7 certification which is the highest level defined by the Common Criteria certification scheme.
This is offer is for a permanent, full-time position (“CDI”) and is based in Paris.
Role and Responsibility
- Identify the current and future needs of clients to ensure the success of their projects and find appropriate solutions with them.
- Develop a network of contacts within the client’s organization to improve cooperation and become a trusted partner.
- In collaboration with the sales engineers identify opportunities and convert them into contracts in order to achieve sales targets.
- Generate, prepare and present the technical part of ProvenRun’s proposals in collaboration with the Product and Integration teams.
- Take charge of product evaluations at customer sites.
- Actively participate in project support and execution activities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Potentially take charge of training and consulting missions.
- Prepare and participate in public events: tradeshows, seminars, etc.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the embedded software and cybersecurity market.
- Previous experience in technical support or pre-sales is preferred.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German would be a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptability, proactivity and willingness to take ownership of assignments.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility in work and travel patterns.
- High integrity, honesty, ability to listen, communication, team spirit, autonomy, motivation and professional rigor.
- Above all, a great attitude, customer focus and the desire to make a difference.
- Experience with at least one of the following OS/RTOS: Linux (Yocto or buildroot), VxWorks, QNX, Integrity, FreeRTOS, Zephyr or other. A good knowledge of embedded hypervisors would be a plus.
- Processor architectures: ARM Cortex-A, Cortex-M and RISC-V.
- Languages: C/C++, RUST and Python would be a plus.
- Development and debugger environment: GDB, Eclipse or equivalent.
- Communication stacks: TCP/IP, OpenSSL, IPSEC, IKE, Routing, Bridging, QoS, VLAN.
- Knowledge in the following areas would be highly valued:
- Security architectures
- Applied cryptography
- Certification for operational safety: DO-178, IEC-61508, etc.
- Certification for cybersecurity: Common Criteria, SESIP, DO-356, IEC 62443, WP-29, ISO/IEC 27000
We offer an attractive remuneration to be defined according to your experience.
The position is based in Paris with clients mainly in Europe and potentially worldwide.
Are you interested in joining ProvenRun and becoming a key part of our team? To apply, send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.