Security where it matters
Cybersecurity challenges in IoT for semiconductors
Devices are becoming smarter and more connected, which is cause for more security concerns. Today, companies are facing design challenges to ensure strong security levels in their IoT devices and safeguard device integrity. Governments and regulatory instances are raising awareness about the importance of IoT device security and have set high standards to streamline the approach.
Embedded developers face new challenges:
● The need to comply with different regulations and new certification schemes
● Increasing scalability requirements to balance performance and security
● The multiple MCU development frameworks and real-time operating systems used in the devices
today, which increase complexity levels when it comes to security
● The lack of security expertise and the need to increase their skills, which requires time and money
As the trend towards embedded endpoint security accelerates, semiconductor players (chipmakers, IP suppliers, IoT device builders) need to architect security solutions at the design stage.
Increase security and reduce complexity in embedded designs
ProvenCore-M provides a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) for 32-bit microcontrollers and simplifies the design of secure industrial applications
● Turnkey security services: full compatibility with Global Platform APIs and services including isolation, cryptography, key storage, and initial attestation
● SESIP and PSA Level 3 target certifications: security services developed according to the best practices. Component-level certifications to speed up your qualification process
● Maintenance over the product lifecycle: Maintenance against security flaws over the product lifetime, ensuring long-term reliability and peace of mind.
Fast track your design journey with certified security
ProvenCore-M is certified at the highest level on security schemes for IoT:
● Level 3 Platform Security Assurance (PSA) defined by Arm®
● Level 3 on Security Evaluation Standard for IoT Platforms (SESIP) defined by Global Platform
This assurance level allows designers to use our security framework with more confidence and meet
the application requirements of their security standards.
ProvenCore-M focuses on industrial IoT markets where security is key for enabling the deployment of connected systems.
ProvenCore-M for Arm Cortex-M v8
The ARMv8-M architecture implemented in Cortex-M v8 processor features TrustZone, a hardware mechanism separating a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) from a rich (and non secure) execution environment. In this case, ProvenCore-M plays the role of a secure OS that runs alongside a rich OS, so the security of the device can be configured in great details. ProvenCore-M can control most peripherals and can exert a thorough control on the rich OS state and behavior